Thursday, March 25, 2010

April Fool

My Korean visa is finally being processed!! This means that my latest rescheduled flight date - Thursday April 1st, should be the one that sticks. Wow, its really happening, no turning back now...

I plan on having an open mind and seeking new experiences, learning from all sorts of new people, trying new foods, and living among new cultures. Or I'm just a fool who thinks she can take a break from "real life" to teach English to some 15 yr old Korean kids, for fun.

My apartment is almost entirely empty, which saddens me but also reaffirms this choice I have made. Only one more full day until my subletter moves in. Everything is basically packed, just need to do some major cleaning tomorrow. I'm so happy to have found a subletter so that I can keep my apartment :) I love my area: it radiates this great combination of vintage stores, live music, and yummy cafés in a downtown bustling hot spot mixed with the quiet calm of a small community living by the lake. It will be so nice to come home to this place after my time far far away.

When will I return? what will I do when I get back? These are great questions, my friends. I have no idea :) As soon as I figure it out, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds amazing and makes me want to join in August!

    I can't believe when I second guessed myself about bringing sun screen to Bracebridge yesterday, that I would really need it. I look like a burned Rosalyn now!

    ReplyDelete